Heavenly Oreo Dessert is one of my personal, most loved dessert recipes. It is one of those things you can just eat, and eat, and eat, and eat, and eat, and eeeeeeeeeeeeeat. I always make it several times in the summer, as it is another trusty no-bake and oh-so-simple recipe.
It comes straight from Mandy’s Recipe Box. I couldn’t even change a thing, because it is so perfect. When My Cowboy and I were engaged, Mandy lived in the community where my in-law’s live (also where we currently live). My Cowboy’s mama threw a bridal shower for me and asked everyone to bring a recipe to put together in a book for me. Mandy brought a cute little recipe card entitled “Heavenly Oreo Dessert”.
It took me a while to rotate through the recipes I had been given, so I didn’t get around to making this recipe immediately. If I had known then what I know now, I would have placed Heavenly Oreo Dessert as top priority! Mandy explains on her site, there are other titles such as “Chocolate Lasagna” or “Oreo Delight”. However, I completely, totally, absolutely, 125% agree with Mandy, that the title Heavenly Oreo Dessert just fits this recipe best. It just does.
Try it and see for yourself. It is nothing short of heavenly.
- -1 package Oreo's
- -1/2 cup butter, melted
- -2 packages (3.9 oz each) instant chocolate pudding
- -3 1/4 cup milk
- -2 (8 oz each) containers Cool Whip
- -8 oz cream cheese, soft
- -1 cup powdered sugar
- 1. Crush all Oreo Cookies in a Ziplock bag with a rolling pin. I prefer to do it by hand rather than in a food processor because I LOVE the Oreo's in small chunks for this recipe rather than processed into crumbs. (Look at my photos to further reference the size or chunks I do). Set aside 1/2 cup Oreo chunks for topping (You can crumble these smaller since they are for garnish). Pour the rest of the crumbs into a 9x13 pan and pour melted butter on top. Mix by hand or with a spoon until well combined and press into the pan for the crust.
- 2.In a mixing bowl, mix together pudding packages and milk. Whisk until smooth. Place in the fridge.
- 3. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix until combined. Fold in one container of Cool Whip. Spread over the Oreo crust.
- 4. Pull pudding out of the fridge and stir. Place on top of the cream cheese layer. Next, spread the second container of Cool Whip and then sprinkle the leftover 1/2 cup of Oreo crumbs on the top.
- 5. Refrigerate about thirty minutes.. Keep refrigerated.