I have been searching the internet high and low for all sorts of variations on Seven Layer Bars. They are so versatile! The unique combinations and spin-offs of these original bars are endless! Now, before I move onto some of those more unique combinations, let me focus on the original. Even the original bars can be adapted to suit anyone’s taste.
Seven Layer Bars are a simple, tried-and-true kind of treat. They are super quick and easy to throw together. Most recipes tell you to let the bars cool completely before digging in. Well I will tell you, in the words of ‘Mater, ” to not to.” We only wait as long as is absolutely necessary before serving these up. If you are too impatient, which is the category I tend to fall into, you may serve up a gooey mess. That, in my opinion, isn’t all bad, BUT, for the sake of easy-serve, give them fifteen minutes to cool off.
Like what you see? Then don’t forget to subscribe!
- 4.5 full graham cracker sheets, crushed
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- *1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Place crushed graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter into a greased 8x8 pan. Combine well, mixing by hand, and press into the pan to form the crust.
- 2. Next, layer all of the chips, in the order listed. Layer the toffee bits, then the coconut.
- 3. Evenly spread sweetened condensed milk over bars. Bake 25-28 minutes.
- 4. Let cool 15 minutes.
- *I'm not a big fan of butterscotch so I usually replace these with peanut butter chips.