Raspberry Golden Oreo Dessert is a combination of some wonderful things. Remember Heavenly Oreo Dessert? It is a spin-off of that delightful recipe. It starts out with a Golden Oreo crust, followed by the traditional sweetened cream cheese layer. On top of that we place a raspberry filling. For that filling, I used one in a half batches of my Raspberry Sauce recipe. Lastly, Cool Whip and extra Golden Oreo crumbs topped it off nicely.
I have been wanting to do some fruity experimenting with the original Heavenly Oreo Dessert recipe for a while and knew I wanted to do a raspberry version. Raspberry Golden Oreo Dessert was born and was definitely a success! My sisters and their families were staying with us when we had it around. My 12-year-old nephew raved about it. He insisted that I give his mom the recipe and requested I make it again while they were at our house. Honestly, our summer has been so busy I never did either but now it will be easily accessible for all.
Said nephew, the one who loved Raspberry Golden Oreo Dessert is such a crack-up. I started laughing at him when he was about eighteen months old and haven’t stopped since. One evening, in Montana, he, another nine year old nephew of mine, and myself had each other laughing so hard our sides hurt and I was in tears. I accidentally kept getting those boys in trouble for being too loud. But they are just so darn funny.
Golly we have had fun this summer.
With my sisters visiting and a couple extended trips to Montana, we have had such a busy July and August, thus the lack of posts this past two months. I wrote a bit about my first Montana trip already and we have since added another to the list.
Any who, Raspberry Golden Oreo Dessert is calling your name. Summer is nearing it’s end for the year, but this is a summer dessert you won’t want to miss out on!
- 1 package Golden Oreo's
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, soft
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (8 oz each) containers Cool Whip
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 cups fresh OR frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1. Crush the Golden Oreo's into small chunks with a food processor OR a Ziploc bag and rolling pin. Reserve 1/2 cup of the crumbs for topping. Combine Golden Oreo's and melted butter in a 9x13 inch pan. Press into pan.
- 2. Beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar. Fold in 1 (8 oz) container of Cool Whip with a spatula. Spread over Oreo crust. Place in the fridge for now.
- 3. For the raspberry filling, whisk the cornstarch and cold water together. In a large saucepan place the raspberries, water, sugar, and lemon juice. Stir frequently as you bring the mixture to a low boil over medium heat. Gradually stir in the cornstarch/water mixture.
- 4. Simmer, covered for about seven minutes or until desired thickness is reached. Stir occasionally. Add vanilla and remove from the heat. Place pan of raspberry filling in the freezer for twenty minutes to cool quickly.
- 5. Once filling has cooled a while, remove the 9x13 pan from the fridge, and pour filling over the cream cheese layer. Top with the second container of Cool Whip and garnish with reserved 1/2 cup of Oreo crumbs.Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until the filling has completely cooled. Keep refrigerated.
- *Though I adore the homemade filling, for a quicker dessert you could always use canned raspberry pie filling instead!